Who can participate?
- Any student going into grades 2 through 8 can participate in this fun bookmaking program.
How Does It Work?
- We will keep the bookmaking kits at the library and host weekly writing sessions in our Program Room on Fridays at 10:00 AM (from Friday, June 9 through Friday, August 11).
- This will take the burden off families needing to lead writing sessions with their young authors.
- It also means that we will keep track of everything.
- We plan to have light refreshments available at the writing sessions, such as juice and donuts.
- It's OK to miss some of the writing workshops because of vacation or other obligations, but the more workshops your young authors attend, the better their experience will be.
How to Sign Up?
If you would like to sign up, please fill out this Google Form.
After you sign up?
- After you sign up, we will contact you with more information.
When are the finished books due?
- If books aren't finished by our final writing session (Friday, August 11), then young authors can take their kits home and have one week to complete them. Finished books are due by Friday, August 18. We plan to ship them out to be bound shortly after that.
Will there be instructions on how to make the books?
- Yes! Unlike the past several years, we will be leading the workshops, rather than sending the book kits home.
- If you're curious about the kits, please watch a video (at the top of this page) we made several years ago.
- Sometimes parents want to sit in on a writing workshop and that's totally fine. We'll have soft music playing, refreshments, and an environment of encouragement and creativity.
- If there are any questions or concerns, please contact us.