Book Discussion Group
This fun, informal group meets once a month to discuss a different book. Discussion schedule, title list and info
Lodi Photo Club
Do you have an interest in photography? We're meeting once a month, with challenges/themes and camaraderie.
Artful Adults Workshops
Join us for this hands-on activity series. Artful Adults Workshops is a monthly class series for adults who are interested in arts, crafts, and living a fanciful life full of creativity (Teens may participate only if they are accompanied by an adult).
It's scheduled on the second Wednesday of each month at 6:30 pm, and pre-registration is required to ensure sufficient supplies. Check the library calendar on the homepage for upcoming program themes and registration information.
Knit Crochet Club
Do you have an interest in knitting or crocheting? Whether you’re a novice or an expert, meet others with the same interest!
This group meets on the 3rd Wednesday of each month at 4 pm. All skill levels, all ages, any gender welcome. Bring your own materials and a love of creativity and fun. Meet others who love yarn to share tips & tricks and learn from one another. Join any time simply by showing up.
Whether you're looking for info on how to use a grill, help passing the GED or ACT, learning another language, or using a new tech gadget, the library has resources to offer. Start here
Looking for a Good Book?
In addition to the great "Don't Miss Lists" in the library catalog, we've also discovered a few other places to find new book lists:
- Sign up for weekly emails from Shelf Awareness to get all the news on new releases
- You may already be picking up the free BookPage newspapers, but they also have a great online presence
- A couple of our local librarians blog about everything they read: adult, teen, and kids titles from funny to serious and back again. Please note: their opinions are their own (this is their PERSONAL blog), but you may enjoy looking over their picks. :)
- Flashlight Worthy makes lists of good books by subject or theme - not necessarily all new books
- You can browse Goodreads without signing in, but if you register you can also share and look at other readers' shared lists
- In addition to new release recommendations, the Book Reporter also does tons of giveaways - plus, they have a dedicated section for book discussion recommendations
- Plus, the library subscribes to several interesting databases for readers (tip: try NoveList)
Advocate for the library
There are a several ways you can help:
- Use the library, and talk about it to your friends and neighbors! Nothing works better than the word-of-mouth advertising of happy customers.
- Sign up to get notices about ways you can support libraries with our government officials.
- Tell us your library story: Our SCLS libraries are gathering unique tales about how libraries change lives.
Have a story to tell? Tell it here.