Creating a special health collection is something we've thought about for a while. It not only encourages fitness and healthy living in our community, but also offers people the opportunity to test out exercise equipment at home. As the pandemic has hampered going to gyms and other fitness centers, we thought it was a good time to give the idea a chance. This collection includes exercise equipment, exercise cards, fitness DVDs, and books about exercise and health.
We thank the Sauk Prairie Healthcare Foundation for their $1,400 for books (and a new display unit) and the Friends of Lodi Public Library for the $1,000 in additional financial support for the new collection.
1. UGI Fitness At Home Kit
- 8 LB UGI ball
- DVD with 5 different 30-minute workouts
- UGI At Home Guide
- Storage Bin containing everything
2. What a Fit Resistance Bands
- 100% natural latex
- This set includes 5 latex resistance bands that can be combined in use together, for up to 150 pounds of resistance. It also includes one door anchor and two cushioned handles to customize your resistance workout.
3. Fitness Alley Neoprene Dumbbells
- 5 Pairs of incremental weights: 3 LB, 5 LB, 8 LB, 10 LB, 12 LB Dumbbells
- Each set circulated separately
- 3 and 5 LB sets circulate in storage bins
- 8, 10, and 12 LB sets circulate with WEIGHTaxi carriers
4. Aurorae Synergy 2-in-1 Yoga Mat w/ sling carrier
- Yoga mat (4)
- Sling carrier (4)
5. 20 LB Ziva Powercore Sandbag
- Ziva bag
6. Nintendo Switch Ring Fit Adventure
- Game cartridge
- Leg strap
- Mesh carrier bag
7. Jump Ropes
8. Ice Age Explorer Pack
- Ice Age Trail Guidebook
- Ice Age Trail Atlas
- Pocket Naturalist Guides (Birds, Wildlife, Trees & Wildlife, "Trees" Fandex field guide, Rite in the Rain Journal)
- Magnifying Glass w/ case
- Scat Bandana
- Binoculars w/ case
- First Aid Kit
- Leave No Trace Outdoor Ethics tag
This is a sampling of the many books that are part of the Healthy Living Collection.
*Click the cover to learn more about each book.
Health & Fitness DVDs
This is a sampling of the DVDs that are part of the Healthy Living Collection.
What is the lending period of equipment? Can it be renewed?
Exercise equipment has a lending period of 28 days. No renewals.
Will you clean returned exercise equipment?
Yes, we will clean all returned exercise equipment with a chemical-free disinfectant before adding it back to circulation.
Do we need to sign a liability form to check out equipment?
Yes, we have a standard liability waiver that we'll have people sign the first time they check out exercise equipment. We think our community members understand that exercise equipment carries some inherent risk to the body, but it will serve as a simple reminder.